This October , we are spreading a good word to get yourself checked and insure you have proper information on breast cancer so you can pass it on to all the sisters and brothers around you.
The Global theme for Breast Cancer 2020 is "I am and I Will" , this campaign is to entice donations that will help make life saving research happen. Tanzania Breast cancer foundation backs this campaign: however as an organization , it is known that Tanzanian women and men have been left behind with education on Breast Cancer. Many women and men in Tanzania avoid self-examining their breasts despite breast cancer being the 2nd common form of cancer in the country.
Breast cancer can be detected early and treated effectively.
BREAST CANCER SYMPTOMS
- Lump in the Breast or Under arms
- Thickening or swelling of the part of breast
- Irritation or dimpling of breast skin
- Nipple discharge in white, red, brown or yellow
- Pulling in of the nipple/ pain in the nipple area
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
This can include getting your self checked. Tanzania Breast cancer foundation has partnered with various local hospitals in Tanzania that will offer Free Physical Breast Examination only during this Month.
- SALI international Hospital : Tuesday 10 am to 4 pm
- IST Clinic: Every Thursday from 10 am to 4 pm
- TMH Quality & premium services: Monday to Saturday 4 pm to 8 pm
Tanzania Breast Cancer Foundation has organized a Virtual #PINKTOBER walk. This challenge is a 5 or 10 km walk to help raise awareness and funds to support women battling breast cancer in Tanzania and support early detection. To join and register for this walk , you can visit: Virtual PINK TOBER walk.
Nuya's Essence has partnered with Tanzania Breast cancer foundation to sell PINK soaps and all the proceeds will be donated to the foundation. To shop the soaps visit: shop PINK SOAPS.