7 Ways To use Coconut Oil
By now you probably have a tub of coconut oil in your dressing table or bathroom, ready to use for a plethora of things. This multi-purpose oil can be used to boost your beauty routine and overall wellness in simple and easy ways.
Coconut oil has become a popular ingredient in many beauty products, and has become the staple ingredient for many beauty-conscious women around the world. So here are 7 ways to use coconut oil, so you can rip more benefits from it.
1. As a daily Moisturiser : Coconut Oil is packed with essential vitamins and fatty acids which deeply nourish the skin. Vitamin E oil in coconut oil helps to repair damage to skin caused by free radicals. After cleansing or whenever you need a boost of hydration, warm the oil between your palms and then gently massage into skin and hair.
2. As a Pre-poo: Use coconut oil as your pre-shampoo phase. This helps your hair retain moisture and become more manageable. Cover your hair with coconut oil from roots to tips. wear a plastic cap or you can go under a steamer for 15-20 minutes. Proceed to shampoo as usual.
3. Oil Cleansing method: If you haven't gotten on this oil cleansing bus, you are missing out big time. Destination Glowing skin it's where the bus is going. Our faces take a lot of hit and oil cleansing gives it a fresh start. Oil cleansing helps to rid oil, debris, dirt, environmental pollution from the skin. Using dry hands, pour a dollop of coconut oil and massage on dry face for 30 seconds. Wet fingers and continue to massage for another 30 seconds. Wash off with a warm face cloth.
4. As a Massage oil: The sweet nutty scent will take you straight to paradise. Warm a dollop of coconut oil between your palms and start massaging the body from feet towards the heart in small circular motions. Begging with gentle stroke and increase intensity as you see fit. ps, you might need a partner for this.
5. For Cooking: I no longer use other oils for cooking especially rice dishes. Coconut oil is the best for this. For a cup of rice, drop in one table spoon of coconut oil and cook the rice as usual, you might never need coconut cream, ever again.
6. For Oil Pulling: This ancient Chinese practice has been making a comeback in recent years, what a chance for you to try for yourself and see what happens. oIl Pulling involves swashing one table spoon of coconut oil first thing in the morning before even washing your teeth. swish swash across your mouth for good 20 minutes then spit out.(don't spit out in the sink, rather the bin), proceed to brush your teeth as usual.
Benefits of oil pulling
- Whiter teeth
- Straighten teeth, gums and jaws
- Prevents cavities and gingivitis
- Kills bacterial causing bad breath
- Reduce Teeth sensitivity and pain
- Improves metabolism and detoxification
7. Make-up remover: It's high time you stop using facial wipes filled with toxic untraceable ingredients. Reach out for coconut oil whenever you need to wipe off your mascara/even water proof, lipstick and foundation. Coconut oil is where it's at.